Your Liver Forgives You a Lot, Take Care of It!

The liver is a very resilient organ that recovers well. Imagine if you remove 75% of the liver tissue, the remaining 25% will grow back into a whole organ! Sounds like magic or nonsense, right? Indeed, in the real world, everything is not so simple. To recover on such a scale, you need years, a healthy lifestyle, and absolute health of those remaining 25%.

What harms the liver? First of all, alcohol. It is perceived by our body as a poisonous substance. Alcohol disrupts metabolism, damages the brain, and the liver tries to destroy it as quickly as possible. Alcohol is neutralized by liver cells, damaging and killing them.

Secondly, fatty food. Our liver tends to accumulate fats in itself. Therefore, when you gain weight, your liver also gains weight. Excess fat causes inflammation and «fatty degeneration» of the liver. The tissue that performs important functions of cleansing the body from toxins is irreversibly damaged. Adhesions are formed in it — peculiar «scars» that can no longer filter your blood.

Thirdly, low physical activity. Due to a passive lifestyle, blood circulation is disrupted, a person gains weight and again «fatty degeneration» of the liver begins.

What can we do? The simplest way to help the liver is to establish proper nutrition. This does not require any money, effort, or time from you. All you need is to replace harmful products from your own diet with useful ones.

In this matter, the so-called Mediterranean diet will help. It is very important that there are no contraindications to this diet. That is, it is suitable for any person. This diet is balanced in nutrients, it includes:

vegetablesfruitsfish and seafoodchickenolive oilred wine (in reasonable quantities)

Products that harm the liver are excluded:

fatty meat (pork)flouranimal fats (lard, butter)sweetsstrong alcoholsugar

You might have thought: «Does this mean being constantly hungry?» In fact, you get the same amount of calories, just in a healthier form. For example, sugar is quickly absorbed and causes a feeling of satiety, but at the same time it is quickly digested and you are hungry again. This way you can gain a lot of extra weight.

With the Mediterranean diet, «simple» carbohydrates are replaced with «complex» ones. Whole grain bread, hard pasta, cereal porridge, etc. replace sweets.

To make it easier for you to start eating right, we have prepared several examples of daily menus:

Day oneBreakfast: Oatmeal with apples, dried apricots, berries or other fruits to tasteLunch: Sea fish with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and olive oilDinner: Yogurt without additives

Day twoBreakfast: Millet porridge with raisins, apple and pumpkinLunch: Pasta with vegetables, boiled chickenDinner: Low-fat cottage cheese with dried fruits

Day threeBreakfast: Chicken eggs, dietary breadsLunch: Vinaigrette with olive oil and chicken filletDinner: Fruit salad with honey

The main requirements for food: minimum carbohydrates, only vegetable fats and more protein products.